Wednesday, February 3, 2016

To Violet Raine:

I have a second interview to a pretty good job lined up. Everyone wants this for me. For us. But I'm scared and not as excited as I should be. Getting this job will mean working full time...away from you. Since the moment I found out I was pregnant...it was just you, me, and God in that moment. And you were mine and we were together. And since that moment, I have never been separated from you. Not for long and not for consecutive days. I love you so tremendously. Last night, you had a fever because you just had a round of shots. And any time you aren't feeling well, all you want is your mommy. Like any child, I presume. So I held you, non stop, for 24 hours until you felt better...until now, when you are back to your normal, silly self. Taking out all your toys, your giant Tike car (it looks giant in our tiny apartment). Eating your snacks. Laughing. Refusing to go to bed. " I promised you something the day you were born and I held your tiny frame in my arms. You stared at me with those peering eyes. I promised we'd forever be going on adventures together. We will. I will always do my best by you. We will have a great life. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment